£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
A world leading manufacturing organisation are looking for a Raw Materials Buyer to join their team on a permanent basis in Poole offering a salary of up to £40,000.
This Procurement position has been created due to business growth & recent acquisitions. The buyer will sit in the purchasing department, with excellent progression opportunities into a Senior Buyer position over the next few years.
You will be responsible for sourcing the correct products and services at the right time and price in line with MRP requirements and approved requests to support the business plan and predicted stock levels.
Role responsibilities of the Raw Materials Buyer include:
- Negotiate the purchase of raw material/castings as required and directed in line with requirements
- Ensuring all purchasing activities are completed in a controlled and professional manner
- Expediting outstanding orders with suppliers to ensure no impact on production schedules
- Assist in the reduction of inventory
- Visit suppliers to establish core strengths and build sound and professional relationships
- Review MRP rescheduling requirements and making informed decisions from outcome
Person Specification of the Raw Materials Buyer:
- Experience in raw material and casting industry essential
- Experience in procurement within a manufacturing/engineering environment essential
- Confident using MRP/ERP systems
- Proactive approach with a positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
Up to £40k
This role is 100% on site and offers no hybrid working
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within purchasing or procurement as a buyer, sourcing specialist, commodity manager, category manager, senior buyer, materials planner, materials controller or junior buyer.