£35000 - £40000 per annum
A great opportunity for an experienced procurement professional to join a leading manufacturing organisation as a Senior Buyer on an initial 12 Month Fixed Term Contract to cover maternity leave.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Buyer;
- Develop and manage a high performing supply chain capable of supporting the needs of the business.
- Secure the Total Cost of Ownership targets of the business with respect to all externally sourced products and services.
- Develop, implement, and deliver Category strategies through understanding of operational requirements, undertaking analysis of the supply market, risk mitigation with the aim of developing and implementing a sourcing strategy in conjunction with key stakeholders.
- Conduct market intelligence gathering, identifying Suppliers in new markets and improvement opportunities, gather price and cost trend information for use in developing category strategies.
- Report, review and manage key supplier performance indicators (KPI's) in order drive supplier improvement activities.
- Lead, negotiate and execute on supply purchase agreements with key strategic vendors.
- Set inventory policy for items within defined Categories to ensure continuity of supply, review of purchase agreements, ongoing cost and Leadtime reduction, and minimisation of liability and inventory.
- Lead the integration of key Suppliers into New Product Introduction (NPI) or high-profile projects, liaising with stakeholders to ensure programme objectives, timescales and costs are met.
- Lead the RFQ process, Supplier selection and total cost contract negotiation activities with the supply base and issue guidelines for the Buyers.
- Coach and develop junior members of the team.
Personal Specification of the Senior Buyer;
- Proven Procurement / Purchasing experience is essential.
- Degree and / or Professional Qualifications would be preferred.
- Experience within a technical manufacturing environment.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritise workload.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Flexibility to travel to meet suppliers as required.
This role would also suit you if you have held a role within purchasing or procurement as a Buyer, Procurement Officer, Purchasing Coordinator, Senior Buyer, Commodity Manager, Purchasing Manager.