£35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum
Butler Ross have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Buyer to join a world leading FMCG company based in Swadlincote. They are looking for an experienced procurement professional to join their team of a temporary bases, this will be between 12 and 16 months.
This role will be well suited to a senior buyer, buyer, procurement lead, procurement manager, purchasing lead, purchasing manager, category manager, category lead or lead buyer.
Responsibilities of the Senior Buyer
- Analyse trends and market movements for use in making sound procurement decision.
- Support the global and regional category management teams in the roll out of global and regional strategies within the site.
- Vendor and Supplier selection.
- Create and update information on SAP.
- Initiate search for new or alternative materials or products.
- Actively support the responsible sourcing and sustainability projects implementation.
- Measure performance of vendors concerning quality of work, cost, timelines, and other related parameters.
- This role has no direct reports so will be focusing solely on procurement and will be reporting into the Procurement Manager.
Professional Profile of the Senior Buyer
- 3 + years of procurement within an international environment.
- Must come from a background of FMCG, ideally, food, drink, chemical or cosmetics.
- Past exposure to a B2B.
- Degree education would be advantageous.
- Experience with using an ERP/MRP system, ideally SAP.
- Strong communication skills, driven and the ability to creatively express yourself.
Salary: Between £35,000 and £43,000 but they are flexible for the right candidate.