£50000 - £55000 per annum
CM - 1959_1566910822
Senior Buyer Vacancy
This role presents a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Global Category Manager or Senior Buyer to join a globally recognised company within a manufacturing environment. Located in Staffordshire in a fast-paced purchasing environment with a salary up to £55,000. This position will be at the heart of the purchasing department, managing the Steel Commodity on a global level.
The Category Manager / Senior Buyer should be confident in their role with previous experience within a busy purchasing department. The successful candidate will have experience within a manufacturing environment with good knowledge and understanding of the Steel Market.
Main responsibilities of the Category Manager / Senior Buyer will include:
- Support the NPI program for the commodity, ensuring strategies and preferred partners are communicated with effectively.
- Be responsible for approving new suppliers whilst ensuring all requirements are met.
- Compile and deliver annual budgets on a global basis, providing a monthly cost movement report.
- Ensure LTA's are in place with Key Suppliers
- Leading the development and deployment of Global Category Strategies
- Ensure the Supplier Dashboard is completed and maintained and all purchasing policies are strictly adhered to
- Conduct formal supplier evaluation reviews with appropriate and key suppliers
- Carry out required process to ensure new suppliers meet minimum requirements
- Support SDE'S and Quality to ensure suppliers meet Group & Category PPM targets
- Negotiate preferred payment terms with suppliers in line with objectives
Experience and skills desired:
- 3-5 Years relevant experience
- New Product Introduction experience
- Customer focussed background
- Strong attention to detail
- Ownership of results
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Management system knowledge (ISO, PDCA, TQM, etc)
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within purchasing or procurement as a buyer, sourcing specialist, commodity manager, category manager, senior buyer, lead buyer, principle buyer, procurement manager or purchasing manager,
Should you not hear anything from us regarding your application within 14 days, this will mean your application was unsuccessful! Please don't get disheartened and please keep checking the Butler Ross website for any other opportunities. All our live jobs are listed on our website.