Up to £35000 per annum
8 months ago
A fantastic opportunity for a Senior Buyer to join a global manufacturing business based in Mitcham with an excellent salary up to £35,000. The Procurement position has been created due to business growth and recent acquisitions. The Buyer will sit within a small Purchasing Department, alongside planning and supply chain.
Candidates will have previous experience of purchasing internationally, as they are now entering challenging international times, at a Buyer or Senior Buyer level and be keen to progress in their career.
Role responsibilities of the Buyer include:
- Purchasing of materials internationally, including China, Eastern Europe and throughout the EU.
- Take direct Buying responsibilities and assist with defining sources and implementation.
- Negotiation and development supporting head of procurement.
- Contract development, working with Purchasing Manager and Head of Procurement.
- Direct sourcing responsible for several categories, support and lead full strategic sourcing cycle.
- Work with supplies to provide 6 monthly forecasts on bi-monthly basis.
Person Specification of the Buyer:
- Previous experience working within a fast-moving environment.
- Experience buying at an international level.
- Excellent negotiation skills and persuasions skills.
- Driven and desire to succeed, self-motivated and strong interpersonal skills.
Up to £35k
This role will suit you if you have held a role within Procurement or Purchasing as a Buyer, Senior Buyer, Purchasing Lead or Procurement Lead.