Competitive Salary and Benefits
The Senior Buyer will be responsible for procurement, management and communication of all aspects of the purchasing relationship with the relevant suppliers
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Buyer;
- Responsible for all aspects of the purchasing relationship between the business and the supplier.
- Ensure the annual trading terms are negotiated and agreed before the start of the new trading year.
- Review the respective ranges with the Suppliers and obtain agreement and approval from senior management.
- Agree and sign off all purchase orders raised by the Stock Controllers before they are sent off to the respective suppliers.
- Ensure that the Central stock turnover target is met based on an agreed target with the senior management.
- Ensure that the stock value in the warehouses is maintained at or below agreed levels.
- Responsible for forecasting and conducting a weekly review of stock requirements, and agreeing intake plans with suppliers.
- Maintain an ongoing promotional calendar with designated suppliers during the trading period.
- Accountable for all the Central Stock and Agency pricing and Direct pricing for respective suppliers.
- Ensure that the Purchasing Department has a good working relationship with Customers and ensure all communication is conducted in a timely and professional manner.
- Production and delivery of presentations as and when required for example Board Meetings and supplier meetings.
- Ensure that prices are monitored daily and action is taken to maintain market competitiveness at all times.
Personal Specification of the Senior Buyer;
- Purchasing / Buying experience is essential.
- Experience within an FMCG / Retail environment.
- Experience of negotiating contracts.
- Advanced Excel skills (Pivot Tables, vLookups, etc).
- Strong Data Analysis skills.
This role would be suitable for individuals with experience in Buying, Purchasing, Supply Chain or Procurement.