£35000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
A new Senior Buyer has become available for an Automotive company based in Oxford, they are looking for an experienced procurement professional who will be able to come and help keep up with company growth, develop commodity strategies and ensure continuous improvement.
Duties of the Senior Buyer
- Develop a strategic plan to improve operational efficiency, aid overall business performance and value.
- Asses tenders and quotations from potential suppliers, negotiate these tenders and quotes to ensure the best outcome is achieved.
- Purchase goods, components, materials, or services in line with the specified targets.
- Take the lead with commodity strategies for the electronic category.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills, both internally and externally.
- Ensure the continuous supply of good and materials and communicate any potential supply issues with relevant parties.
- Support the Supply Chain Management team by monitoring suppliers OTIF.
Previous Experience Required for the Senior Buyer
- Previous experience within a similar role.
- Exposure to the automotive industry, ideally Tier 1 automotive.
- Strong technical knowledge of automotive components, processes and supply chain management.
- Results oriented and the ability to deliver against project deadlines.
- Highly analytical with a proactive mindset.
This role is based in Oxford but they do offer hybrid working meaning you would only need to go into the office 2-3 days a week.
This role will have a salary of between £35,000 - £50,000, there is an option for this role to either be perm or a 12 month fixed term contract depending on the candidates needs.
This role will be well suited to a senior buyer, category manager, commodity manager, category lead, commodity lead, lead buyer, procurement manager, purchasing manager or specialist buyer.