£35000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
Butler Ross have an amazing opportunity for a buyer to come and join a fast growing automotive manufacturer in Oxford. This role is an integral part of the purchasing department and will be instrumental to the companies new and exciting projects they are taking on. They are looking for a highly technical procurement professional who will be able to hit the ground running and help build a highly successful procurement function.
Duties of the Buyer
- Supporting the general supply chain of the prototype management.
- Dealing with account queries, invoices and providing excellent customer service to internal and external parties.
- System usage and keeping documents and systems up to date.
- Autonomy in communications and supplier relationship.
- Engage with supplier communications and making decisions without support or senior member of the procurement team.
- Negotiating contracts for set commodities, improving prices and terms of business with suppliers.
- Reviewing opportunities to make business savings, utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
- Purchasing goods, materials, components, or services in line with the specified cost, quality, and delivery targets.
Skills Required of the Buyer
- Experience working within the fast paced highly regulated Automotive environment.
- Ability to read engineering/technical drawings.
- Keep calm under pressure.
- Able to manage and partake in technical conversations with suppliers and stakeholders.
This role offers a high amount of flexibility and hybrid working, you will only need to go into the office for key meetings.
Salary: £35,000 - £50,000
This role will be well suited to a Senior Buyer, Technical Buyer, Procurement Executive, Buyer, Category Specialist or Purchasing Specialist, commodity manager, category manager or lead buyer