£40000 - £45000 per annum
A great opportunity for an experienced Procurement professional to join a leading organisation as a Senior Buyer to be responsible for Indirect spend.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Buyer - Indirects;
- Responsible for obtaining best value for money for indirect purchases.
- Assess total cost of ownership of goods and services for indirect purchases.
- Generate cost reduction ideas.
- Take part in group wide procurement projects & initiatives for the buisness.
- Assist with vendor approval activities for new suppliers.
- Resolve material non-conformance issues, delivery performance issues or payment issues where necessary.
- Oversee and control the spend on service providers and contractors.
- Ensure robust processes are in place for contract creation and review.
- Ensure robust processes are in place for controlling departmental spend and creation of purchase orders.
- Maintain the indirect procurment contract database and ensure goods and services are in line with current contract requirements.
- Ensure a good working relationship with vendors and key internal stakeholders is maintained.
- Work with internal stakeholders to obtain the best possible level of service from suppliers.
- Provide expert advice on purchasing terms, conditions & contracts for the site.
Personal Specification of the Senior Buyer - Indirects;
- Degree qualified within a relevant discipline.
- Professional qualifications e.g. MCIPS.
- Proven Procurement experience.
- Indirect Procurement Category experience.
- Proven experience of delivering significant cost savings.
- Strong Communication & Negotiation skills.
- Ability to work using own initiative and to prioritise effectively.
- Ambitious and Self-Motivated.
This role would suit a candidate with experience in the following positions; Category Manager, Commodity Manager, Buyer, Senior Buyer, Purchasing Coordinator, or Procurement Officer.