Up to £50000 per annum
Senior Procurement Category Manager
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Procurement Category Manager to join this public sector organisation based in Bicester who will support the Head of Procurement in delivery of a strategic procurement service to the trust on a specific portfolio of sourcing categories and contribute significantly to the delivery of allocation procurement projects within key markets. This role is non clinical and will be responsible for Estates, Fleet & Corporate Services.
Main responsibilities of the Senior Procurement Category Manager
- To deliver a strategic procurement service through engagement with all relevant stakeholders
- To implement procurement strategy for assigned areas of the strategic plan and ensure that performance management systems are operating effectively to meet governance and achieve goals while ensuring local, regional and national sourcing options are integrated within category management opportunities and key performance.
- To ensure all procurement activities operate in full accordance with legal (EU legislation), environment and sustainability requirements.
- Identification and management of risk throughout national and local procurement initiatives.
- To support the Head of Procurement in the delivery of cost and efficiency savings across the Trust.
- To undertake work related to the procurement of goods and services within category area of responsibility
- To respond to all stakeholder enquiries appropriately, liaising with internal and external parties, explaining contractual issues, negotiating with suppliers in relation to contract price, delivery dates, product specification, contracted requirements.
Skills & Experience required of the Senior Procurement Category Manager
- Degree or equivalent CIPS qualification
- Stakeholder engagement experience
- Demonstrate experience at delivering savings to an organisation through effective category management
- Must have in depth OJEU legislation expertise
- Experience leading the full cradle to grave procurement process
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously;
- Ability to analyse contracts and manage contracts at all levels
Salary up to £50,000
This role would be perfect for a category manager or senior category manager or procurement manager