Birmingham, West Midlands
£54500.00 - £68150.00 per annum + cash allowance, pension
Senior Commercial Manager
A fantastic opportunity for a Senior Commercial Manager to join an exciting transport infrastructure project based in Birmingham with a salary up to £68,150. This commercial management position has been created due to continued high volume of project work and an expanding contract portfolio in the firm. The commercial manager will sit in the procurement and commercial directive, with excellent progression opportunities into a Head of Commercial position over the next few years.
Candidates will have previous experience as a commercial manager or contracts manager specifically within a regulated environment, at a commercial management level and be keen to progress in their career.
Role responsibilities of the Senior Commercial Manager include:
- To be responsible for developing commercial strategies, commercial works information, reviewing works information from other functions and drafting contract documents to ensure consistency and alignment with procurement plans.
- To be responsible for supporting the procurement team in the development and delivery of tender evaluation models and contract documentation including terms and conditions and associated commercial mechanisms, works and site information to be consistent with strategies and procurement plans.
- To be responsible for evaluating tenders and supporting moderation to achieve contract award.
- To be responsible for tender negotiations and recommendations.
- To be responsible for developing a contract management plan.
- To be responsible for supporting contract readiness.
- To be responsible for leading multi-discipline teams from across the organisation and pro-actively seeking resolution of issues
- To be responsible for leading commercial resources, agreeing objectives, managing performance and development to ensure staff have the necessary skills and support to deliver in their roles.
- To be responsible for providing domain knowledge in the development and maintenance of efficient and effective contract and commercial management policies, processes and procedures.
- Actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
Person Specification of the Senior Commercial Manager:
- Ability to develop commercial strategies and plans on infrastructure projects.
- Ability to engage and manage a wide range of internal and external stakeholders including government bodies (eg DfT, IPA, Treasury) to achieve successful project outcomes.
- Ability to manage and administer high value and delivery critical contracts to deliver major complex infrastructure or similar projects and programmes.
- Ability to support negotiations with both internal and external parties, and the ability to settle disputes whilst maintaining business critical commercial relationships.
- Ability to develop and improve commercial policies, processes and procedures.
- Ability to support the development of commercial teams in complex organisation.
- Ability to demonstrate contract, commercial and risk management skills.
Type of experience:
- Experience of planning, developing and implementing high value and complex contracts and of working closely with procurement teams in tender preparation, administration and evaluation.
- Experience of Executive, Board and Government level engagement, including producing analysis, papers, reports and presentations to seek approval of decisions.
- Experience of working with multiple organisational functions in the development and management of contracts and business improvements.
- Experience of managing commercial management teams in major complex infrastructure projects and programmes to deliver value for money for the Client/Employer.
- Experience of working with or for publicly funded bodies and/or a major publicly funded programme.
- Experience of using commercial management and reporting systems.
- Inspirational Leadership: Demonstrating leadership flexibility, motivating and inspiring people from diverse functions and cultures.
- Execution: Stretching the performance of people with a wide range of skills and capabilities.
- Influence: Cross-matrix influencing, using a range of interpersonal approaches to persuade people with differing perspectives and interests.
- Collaboration: Collaborating across boundaries, to establish reciprocal relationships and alliances across the organisation.
- Direction: Co-ordinating cross business teams, creating a shared sense of purpose and keeping diverse teams focused on the same goals.
- Business Judgement: Ensuring values for money, making judgements on what will ensure commercial viability, appropriately balancing risk and return.
- Innovation: Inspiring differentiation, innovating and encouraging early adoption of new ideas and 'pushing the boundaries'
- Growing Talent: Fast-tracking talent, taking risks with growth opportunities for high potential performers to 'raise their game.'
Up to £68k
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within commercial or contracts as a commercial manager, contract manager, contracts manager, senior commercial manager, senior contract manager, or senior contracts manager.