Up to £62000 per annum
almost 2 years ago
Senior Estates Category Manager
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Estates Category Manager to join this public sector organisation based in Surrey who are looking for a Procurement Manager who has category experience in Estates and Facilities Management. The ideal candidate will act as the procurement lead for estates and commercial services, develop and manage supplier relationships to ensure value for money is achieved and provide technical expertise in advising, guiding and executing procurement processes, including both EU and non EU tenders.
Main responsibilities of the Senior Estates Category Manager
- Implementation and continuous improvement of the new category management approach and supporting the Head of Procurement with all procurement needs.
- Identifying key Estates and Commercial Services category management priorities in respect of savings and continuous improvement.
- Ensuring procurement complies with College financial regulations and the Public Contracts Regulations.
- Briefing the Head of Procurement on any project risks or key issues arising from category management implementation and tender exercises.
- Delivering value for money and savings targets, and proactive forward planning for implementation and achievement of targets.
- Ability to independently scope, administer and conclude OJEU and framework competitions from end to end (and support other team members in achieving the same).
- Develop wide supply contracts which are based around key performance indicators and service failure remedies.
- Maintain key working relationships with suppliers and internal clients.
- Promoting and ensuring best procurement practice
- Actively manage supplier controls and supplier vetting protocols
- Managing procurement & contract documentation, tendering templates, record keeping and associated systems
Skills & Experience required of the Senior Estates Category Manager
- Good level of education, MCIPS or equivalent experience
- High degree of competency in all Microsoft applications
- Experience of working within or alongside the estate, construction & FM category in a procurement role
- Understanding and use of OJEU and Public Contract Regulations
- Proven track record of savings
- Experience of category management
- Experience of negotiating purchasing contracts
- Excellent people engagement and stakeholder management skills
Salary up to £62,000
This role would be perfect for a category manager or senior category manager or procurement manager or commodity manager all with experience within estates, facilities management or construction category management.