£36000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
Senior Indirect Buyer
Butler Ross have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Indirect Buyer to come and join a world renowned manufacturing company based in Cheltenham. They are looking for a Senior Buyer to come in and specialise within Indirects for an initial 12 month fixed term period and then with the view of rolling off into a permanent position working in their procurement team in another commodity.
This role offers hybrid working, they are very flexible but looking for around one day in the office every two weeks.
This role will be well suited to a senior indirect buyer, indirect buyer, indirect commodity buyer, indirect specialist, or capex buyer.
Duties of the Senior Indirect Buyer
- Full autonomy of indirect categories including Capex, Subcontracts, Services and Cutbacks.
- Taking a holistic management approach to the categories and supplier management.
- Develop relationship with existing suppliers and build new relationships with prospective suppliers.
- Lead negotiations and continuous improvements.
- Working with accounting departments to ensure payments on time.
- Once restrictions ease, the opportunity for both national and international travel
Experience Required for the Senior Indirect Buyer
- Experience with indirect categories, ideally in Subcontract, Capex or Cutbacks.
- Ideally experience with other categories in procurement, so when the first 12 months is up the role can be transformed in to a traditional procurement role within the team.
- Experience within busy manufacturing environment.
- Ideally experience working with highly regulated production and sourcing.
- A motivated and driven individual who can come in and hit the ground running.
- Previous experience with ERP or MRP systems.
This role will be paying between £36,000 and £40,000.