£57000 - £63000.00 per annum
A fantastic opportunity for a Senior Procurement Manager to join a Public Body based in Central London with a salary band range of up to £63,000. Reporting to the Head of Procurement this role will be responsible for developing and implementing a category management approach to critical spend categories including; HR, Finance, Facilities and Technology. The Senior Procurement Manager is responsible for supporting contract owners to deliver effective and robust supplier relationship management across all operational spend to ensure value for money and excellent service delivery.
The role is Hybrid working with 1 day a week in office.
Role responsibilities of the Senior Procurement Manager include:
- Responsible for the development, implementation and successful delivery of category management for all assigned spend categories
- Liaising with contract owners and contract stakeholders to develop the category management strategy
- Developing a thorough understanding of supplier spend and future demand
- Undertaking market analysis and capture potential new suppliers
- Building strong and trusted relationships with contract owners, contract stakeholders and senior managers
- Reporting on category management savings achieved against savings targets and provide monthly category management status reports
- Working with Head of Procurement to development the organisational procurement strategy
- Responsible for all operational supplier management including strategic relationship management
- Working with contract owners to develop their contract management skills and techniques to ensure that suppliers are meeting their KPI's
- Supporting contract owners to put in place supplier actions plans to improve a suppliers' performance where they have failed to meet their KPI's
- Working continuously to seek category performance improvements
Person Specification of the Senior Procurement Manager:
- Significant Procurement experience within Public Sector organisations
- You must be able to demonstrate Emotional Intelligence
- Previous Leadership experience
- Proven ability to succeed and deliver results through collaboration with contract owners and other stakeholders
- Demonstrable Risk Analysis skills
Up to £63,000
Hybrid working 1 day a week in office
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within purchasing or procurement as a Purchasing Manager, Sourcing Specialist, Procurement Manager or Category Manager.