£60000 - £100000.00 per annum + pension
An exciting new opportunity for a Senior Procurement Manager to join a major construction company based in London with a salary up to £100,000 + benefits. The Senior Procurement Manager will lead and manage the procurement of subcontract packages consisting of Civil Engineering works, Professional Services and Engineering agreements.
Candidates will have previous experience within purchasing and procurement, at Category Manager, Procurement Manager and Head of Procurement level, and be keen to develop themselves in their career.
Responsibilities of the Senior Procurement Manager:
- Develop and improve Procurement Procedures
- Lead and manage the performance of the procurement by implementing SMART targets
- Coordinate and plan the effective and efficient procurement of subcontracts, sub consultancies, materials, equipment and any associated services.
- Establish procurement best practice including category management and use of global suppliers, if appropriate, to enhance competitiveness
- Negotiate and place contracts in liaison with the Commercial Manager, Procurement Manager, Construction Manager and Package Manager. ▪ Develop long term relationships with strategically important suppliers, setting up preferred supplier agreements, frameworks, and call-offs
Person Specification of the Procurement Manager:
- Strong understandingof public procurement regulations, such as OJEU
- Strong understanding of NEC3 contracts and experience negotiating and drafting NEC 3 Subcontracts.
- Experience of procurement on major construction projects
Up to £100,000 + pension + benefits
This role will be ideal for you if you have previous experience within purchasing and procurement as a Procurement Manager, Purchasing Manager, Category Manager, Commodity Manager or Head of Procurement.