£45000 - £50000 per annum
An exciting opportunity for a driven Senior Strategic Buyer to join the global procurement team within a world-leading manufacturing business. This role is offered at a salary of up to £50,000 and is based in Cinderford on a 50/50 hybrid basis.
The successful candidate will have experience in procurement as a Senior Buyer, Procurement Manager, Supplier Manager or similar, and will have procured direct materials ideally in a manufacturing or engineering environment.
Role responsibilities of the Senior Strategic Buyer:
- Taking charge of the procurement function for the UK & Europe
- Managing close relationships with suppliers and stakeholders
- Negotiating and arranging terms/contracts
- Using analysis skills to identify and implement improvements
- Developing and implementing procurement strategies
Personal specification of the Senior Strategic Buyer:
- An experienced procurement professional with strong knowledge of procurement processes and strategy
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Strong business acumen and decision-making ability
- Confident user of IT systems
- Strong analysis skills
If this role could be of interest and you meet the above specification, I would love to hear from you so please apply or reach out with any questions.
The position will be suited to you if you have held a role within a purchasing or procurement team as a: Senior Buyer, Strategic Buyer, Lead Buyer, Procurement Lead, Category Manager, Supplier Manager, Supplier Relationship Manager, Procurement Manager or similar.