£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
Sourcing Manager - Corporate Services
A fantastic opportunity for a Sourcing Manager to join a global engineering services business based in Farnborough with a salary up to £45,000. This Procurement position has been created due to business growth & recent internal promotion, with the firm experiencing year on year growth for the last 5 years. The Sourcing Manager will sit in the procurement department within the indirects team, with excellent progression opportunities over the next few years.
Candidates will have previous experience within purchasing, procurement, or supply chain specifically within a regulated environment, at procurement manager, procurement specialist, senior buyer, category manager, category specialist, sourcing specialist, supply chain manager, or supply chain specialist level and be keen to progress in their career.
Role Overview of the Sourcing Manager:
The Sourcing Manager will be responsible for executing the cost effective and timely delivery of procurement sourcing projects. The Sourcing Manager is responsible for driving the sourcing process, identification of Risk and Opportunities, and for working collaboratively with key stakeholders within the business to execute the procurement strategy for the full range of procurement projects.
Sourcing exercises will be initiated both by internal stakeholders to work on cost-centre funded projects, or subcontracts in support of customer funded work. There will be equal focus on driving out unnecessary expenditure in order to reduce corporate overhead and the timely delivery of contractual solutions within the Project timescales.
Role responsibilities of the Sourcing Manager include:
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders in order to influence behaviours and ensure appropriate involvement of Procurement in all sourcing activities.
- Maintain awareness of the restrictions, controls and accreditations that are placed upon suppliers working in a Defence environment, ensuring at all times that both sourcing strategies and the incumbent supplier base do not jeopardise or threaten internal compliance.
- Collaborate with the Supply Chain Team to identify opportunities to utilise extant supplier relationships and frameworks that leverage Group scale.
- Ensure compliance with process, governance and controls as agreed in the Procurement Code of Practice and Sourcing methodology.
- Identify & prioritise opportunities with reference to industry, market, business and supplier developments and historic and forecast spend
- Work in partnership with finance to understand cost drivers and budgets/forecasts and to align Procurement plans and activity to latest plans
- Develop, validate and communicate category plans and supplier strategies
- Manage RFP/RFx process for projects and objectively evaluate responses to inform supplier selection
- Plan and lead negotiations and deliver target outcomes (price, service levels, quality and key contractual terms)
- Track and report benefits for each responsible category / supplier and how these compare to targets
- Ensure risks and issues are identified in a timely manner, and actively mitigated
- Collaboratively develop plans with key stakeholders to ensure alignment of targets, improve supplier performance, and implement continuous improvement plans across spend.
- Collaborate with peers to develop and enhance systems, process, and best practice sharing to help our client achieve best in class performance, and bring consistency to sourcing activities.
Person Specification of the Sourcing Manager:
- Adaptive and change focused; able to adapt pace of delivery to meet business requirements.
- Provides best practice guidance to business users and junior members of staff.
- Considered a technical expert within allotted embedded teams.
- Natural and articulate around management. Good listening skills and able to focus on issues critical to senior leaders. Can deliver communication concisely and steer conversation towards decisions needed.
- Has the technical knowledge of the Corporate Professional Services Category
- Highly customer focused and concerned with meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Highly results oriented. Keeps the organization on track and delivery oriented.
- Emotionally intelligent and comfortably relates to many different types of people. Is personally self-aware of strengths and weaknesses.
- Degree in a Business or Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
- CIPS Qualified or equivalent experience
- 3+ years in a Procurement or Supply Chain related role
- Knowledge of procurement systems and infrastructure.
- Category Management experience, subject matter expert within Corporate Services (Indirect) categories with general knowledge across other categories of spend.
- Commercially astute with a track record of delivery of benefits
- Demonstrates forward planning and identifies value add opportunities
- Communication, influencing, negotiation, interpersonal and business partnering skills.
- Understand, application and delivery of strategic sourcing, TCO and SRM principles
- Has strong contractual skills
Up to £45k
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within purchasing or procurement as at procurement manager, procurement specialist, senior buyer, category manager, category specialist, sourcing specialist, supply chain manager, or supply chain specialist.