£25000.00 - £34000.00 per annum
A fantastic opportunity for a Sourcing Specialist to join a global engineering services business based in Farnborough with a salary up to £45,000. This Procurement position has been created due to business growth & recent successful bids, with the firm experiencing year on year growth for the last 5 years. The Sourcing Specialist will sit in the procurement department, with excellent progression opportunities over the next few years.
Candidates will have previous experience within purchasing, procurement, or supply chain specifically within a regulated environment, procurement specialist, buyer, category specialist, sourcing specialist, or supply chain specialist level and be keen to progress in their career.
Role Overview of the Sourcing Specialist:
The Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for executing the cost effective and timely delivery of procurement sourcing projects. The Sourcing Specialist is responsible for driving the sourcing process, identification of Risk and Opportunities, and for working collaboratively with key stakeholders within the business to execute the procurement strategy for the full range of procurement projects. The Sourcing Specialist is responsible for the Procurement supplier reporting requirements of the function.
Sourcing exercises will be initiated both by internal stakeholders to work on cost centre funded projects, or subcontracts in support of customer funded work. There will be equal focus on driving out unnecessary expenditure in order to reduce corporate overhead and the timely delivery of contractual solutions within the Project timescales.
The Sourcing Specialist will need to be able to develop supplier relationships in order to meet our clients' aspirations. This will require knowledge of specific defence, engineering and/or cyber domains and associated supply chains.
Role responsibilities of the Sourcing Specialist include:
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders in order to influence behaviours and ensure appropriate involvement of Procurement in all sourcing activities.
- Maintain awareness of the restrictions, controls and accreditations that are placed upon suppliers working in a Defence environment, ensuring at all times that both sourcing strategies and the incumbent supplier base do not jeopardise or threaten internal compliance.
- Collaborate with the AEC Engineering Team to identify opportunities to utilise extant supplier relationships and frameworks that leverage Group scale.
- Ensure compliance with process, governance and controls as agreed in the Procurement Code of Practice and Sourcing methodology.
- Collaboratively develop plans with key stakeholders to ensure alignment of targets, improve supplier performance, and implement continuous improvement plans across spend.
- Collaborate with peers to develop and enhance systems, process, and best practice sharing to help our client achieve best in class performance, and bring consistency to sourcing activities.
- To source materials and components using approved suppliers, in a responsive and timely manner. Obtaining quotes, and expediting orders for timely delivery.
Person Specification of the Sourcing Specialist:
- Adaptive and change focused; able to adapt pace of delivery to meet business requirements.
- Natural and articulate around management. Good listening skills and able to focus on issues critical to senior leaders. Can deliver communication concisely and steer conversation towards decisions needed.
- Highly customer focused and concerned with meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Highly results oriented. Keeps the organization on track and delivery oriented.
- Emotionally intelligent and comfortably relates to many different types of people. Is personally self-aware of strengths and weaknesses.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Evidence of competency and experience of working within Procurement and ideally in an aviation manufacturing and production planning environment.
- CIPS Qualified or working towards
- 1+ years in a Procurement or Supply Chain related role
- Knowledge of procurement systems and infrastructure.
- Proven contract negotiation skills.
Up to £34k
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within purchasing or procurement as a procurement specialist, buyer, category specialist, sourcing specialist, or supply chain specialist.