£35000 - £43000 per annum + Company Benefits
almost 2 years ago
A fantastic opportunity for a Strategic Buyer has arisen, to join an iconic manufacturer based in Telford. With a potential salary range of £35,000- £43,000 plus company benefits this role would be perfect for a buyer who has strong experience with managing a team.
Candidates will have previous experience within purchasing or procurement specifically within a technical manufacturing environment and Ideally with experience in dealing with suppliers based abroad, managing contracts and dealing with problematic suppliers.
Role responsibilities of the Strategic Buyer:
- Formulate plans and advise the Commodity Development Manager on how to maintain and improve and effective department.
- Design, build, implement and maintain systems which support and enhance the department.
- Build and maintain a strong and stable department.
- Ensure the objectives you are given are implemented and achieve the companies targets by developing existing, recruiting new staff when needed, and establishing an effective control system.
- Contribute to the structured improvement of suppliers (both existing and new) through product specification control.
- To maintain and improve vendors in both technical and commercial aspects and to research, propose vendors in the case of re-sourcing from value engineering, commercial and technical ability.
- Ensure that supplier loaned tooling is appropriately reviewed, monitored and appropriate action is taken to ensure that our component supply quality is not compromised.
- Supervise the quotation, localisation and component approval process and report progress to Departmental Manager or Management Team on a periodic basis.
- Deputise for the Commodity Development Manager in their absence.
- Control the achievement of agreed cost savings, and quality improvement objectives.
Person Specification of the Strategic Buyer:
- MCIPS (Essential)
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Experience with contracts
Up to £43k + Company benefits
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within purchasing or procurement as a senior buyer, sourcing specialist, vendor manager, commodity manager, commodity buyer, category manager, senior buyer or purchasing team leader.