Chichester, West Sussex
Up to £35934 per annum
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced buyer to join this public sector organisation based in Chichester. They are looking for someone who will be responsible for assisting senior officers and staff across both authorities with purchasing and advice on tendering projects for a variety of public functions. You will also contribute towards the improvement of procurement processes, policies and operational practice and overseeing delivery of efficient procurement services.
Main responsibilities of the Buyer
- To take lead responsibility for delivering high value and complex procurement projects within your category areas.
- Have good working knowledge of Public Procurement Regulations and EU procedures and be capable of providing advice on improving local procedures and achieving savings through procurement and project planning.
- Line management of a small team.
Skills & Experience required of the Buyer
- Knowledge of EU & UK Public procurement legislation
- MCIPS qualified or studying towards
- Demonstrate experience in a procurement/buyer role
- Understanding of the full end to end procurement cycle
- Experience in contract management
- Ability to work with large scale projects
Salary up to 35,000
This role would be perfect for buyer or senior buyer or sourcing specialist or procurement specialist or procurement officer or category buyer.