A fantastic opportunity for a Strategic Sourcing Manager to join a leading organisation based in Horsham. This role will report into the Group Procurement Director.
Candidates must have 3+ years' experience in a Strategic Sourcing Manager role.
Role responsibilities of the Strategic Sourcing Manager Include:
- The SSM will have a clearly apportioned area of responsibility, split by suppliers / ATA Chapter / spend and is accountable for the overall performance of the allocated suppliers.
- The role will pursue improved cost reduction, risk reduction, contractual quality, delivery performance and effectiveness for their area. The role will also require the implementation of Procurement (CIPS) value creation methodologies such as:
- Aggregation - Reduced cost per unit for common parts / categories.
- Standardisation - Rationalisation of commoditised parts / suppliers.
- Category Mgmt. - Segmentation by Air Transport Association codes & value analysis.
- Outsourcing - Non-critical activities (Where applicable).
- Supplier Mgmt. - Development of 'should cost', Supplier Kaizen, 7 wastes elimination,
- The role will have direct responsibility for a small group of strategic high value suppliers (Linked to a category), driving contracting activities and ensuring alignment to the needs of the business, conducting the groundwork for what can be high value ($240m) long term contracts (10Yrs). The Procurement Director supports the HOP by providing the final negotiation strategies and variables for individual supplier contracting work, bringing the final negotiation to conclusion.
- The role is below that of HOP and derives the individual supplier plans for their relevant supplier/category allocations, with the ultimate objective of adding business competitive advantage through cost reduction / risk reduction / supplier capability availability / Delivery Performance, seeking marketplace competitive advantage.
- The role below this is effectively that of TB&E Implement level, so interaction with TB&E is also critical in ensuring as much of the contracting is fixed as possible so as to allow more opportunities for automation.
Person Specification of the Strategic Sourcing Manager:
- Experience and ability to coach TB&E Staff as to supplier relationship management.
- Technology is also a strong area, with the ability to articulate in specification the need for managed data.
- The understanding of the commercial environment and the variables available to the team are important.
- Procurement is built on strong relationships; those relationships can often be tested due to the need to take a different course of action over that which has become custom and practise (e.g. supplier consolidation).
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a Strategic Sourcing Manger role for 3+ years, have great skills in communication, relationship management and negotiation.