£45000 - £47500 per annum
An exciting opportunity is currently live with one of our leading aerospace and defence clients as a Subcontract Manager. The Subcontract Manger is responsible for the administration, compliance and risk management of subcontracts across a portfolio of UK Programmes and bids, activities cover the full Subcontract cycle from teaming and negotiating with Subcontractors and Partners in capture phases to managing existing Subcontract Agreements with Key Subcontractors as well as modifications / change proposals.
Candidates will have previous experience within procurement or subcontracts specifically within a bid environment at subcontract manager, subcontract officer, procurement manager, procurement specialist, category manager, category specialist, sourcing manager, or sourcing specialist level.
The Subcontract Manager will be a proactive individual, have good attention to detail and a focus on delivery against commitments in support of the capture, programme and functional activities. The Subcontract Manager will report into the Head of Subcontracts and have multiple stakeholders - an understanding of the wider business environment, and excellent communication skills are essential.
Role responsibilities of the Subcontract Manager include:
- Subcontractor contract negotiation, administration and close out, including ensuring the flow down of amendments from Prime level;
- Subcontractor contract interpretation and application. Reviewing contractual obligations and ensuring alignment of understanding with subcontractor, including a strong understanding of the commercial deal between the parties and financial incentives;
- Subcontractor relationship management. Acting as a primary contact point with subcontractor to manage matters relating to teaming, award, contract performance or changes to the parties commercial arrangements;
- Managing internal stakeholders to ensure alignment to the subcontract and compliance requirements or contractual interpretational matters as agreed with the subcontractor;
- Subcontractor development, sourcing and diversity. Working with the subcontractor to develop commercial solutions to deliver growth for the UK business, as well as ensuring value for money on additional spend requirements.
- Subcontractor cost management, agreeing if work requests are outside of existing contractual scope and resourcing funding where necessary;
- Subcontractor contract compliance.
- Subcontractor contract risk management.
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within procurement or subcontract management, ideally in a bid environment, as a subcontract manager, subcontract officer, procurement manager, procurement specialist, category manager, category specialist, sourcing manager, or sourcing specialist.