Up to £24000 per annum
A fantastic opportunity for a Buyer to join a leading company based in Fareham with a salary up to £24k. This role will report into the Team Competency Leader.
Candidates must have 1 years buying experience.
Role responsibilities of the Buyer (Supplier Engagement) Include:
- To develop and expand our supplier network through relationship building with suppliers and maintain accurate information in our supply chain management tool.
- To ensure supplier engagement towards delivering exceptional customer service.
- You will negotiate rates on each and every contract then raise contracts and purchase orders using our company Momentum software. Whilst utilising the negotiated rates we already have with the supply chain.
- You will Support the Commercial & Supply Chain Manager and Commercial Director in their endeavours towards company profitability objectives.
- To recognise risks to customer service and delivery and take appropriate actions whilst ensuring work is undertaken in a legal and compliant way.
- To work on a number of jobs at any one time and to prioritise and maintain the accuracy of each job.
- To receive and request training on the products and services offered by WowNow Hire and be able to discuss these knowledgeably with suppliers.
Person Specification of the Buyer (Supplier Engagement) Include:
- To be proactive and thorough in facilitating a team with a flexible/adaptable approach to work.
- To be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven negotiation skills with the ability to persuade and control suppliers. To be influential and assertive but not aggressive.
- The ability to control challenging conversations.
- Good commercial acumen / IT Skills
- Ability to use own initiative and part of a team.
- Highly organised and able to re-prioritize own workload accordingly.
Salary Up to £24k
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a buying or procurement assistant role for 1 year. And have excellent communication, interpersonal skills and negotiation skills.