£40000 - £45000 per annum
Supplier Quality Engineer
Butler Ross have a fantastic opportunity for Supplier Quality Engineer to join a fast-paced manufacturing company based in Banbury. The role is working within the Supplier Quality Team, launching PPAP processes for all new products for new product introductions, and running daily Supplier quality problem solving and countermeasures.
Key Responsibilities of the Supplier Quality Engineer
- Launch the APQP process with nominated suppliers for all new components, materials or sub-contract services.
- Maintain regular APQP reviews and act upon or escalate any identified concerns.
- Support the Supplier in ensuring that the APQP process is fully delivered in a professional fashion.
- Establish and communicate quality targets for suppliers applicable during the development and ongoing series production.
- Support suppliers in developing new product sampling plans ensuring that plans satisfy project deliverables.
- Identify Customer Specific Requirements which require satisfying during maturation and ensure that these are covered with APQP.
- Ensure timely presentation by suppliers of PSW/ PPAP submissions and evidence files including run at rate events.
Personal Specification of the Commodity Buyer
- Automotive supplier quality management experience
- Understanding of APQP / PPAP process and 8D.
- Engineering / quality related qualifications
- Full driving licence and availability to travel to suppliers including those in Europe.
- Bonus scheme
- Share scheme
- Pension contribution
- 25 Days holiday
- Overtime opportunity
- Life Insurance
- Xmas Bonus
This role would suit a Supplier Quality Engineer or an NPI Engineer