£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
Supply Chain Manager
An industry leading opportunity for a Supply Chain Manager to join a global engineering services firm based in Bristol with a salary up to £60,000. This Supply Chain Management position has been created due to business growth. The Supply Chain Manager will sit in the supply chain team, with excellent progression opportunities into a senior supply chain manager position over the next few years.
Candidates will have previous experience within supply chain ideally within purchasing, procurement, or supply chain functions, at supply chain manager, supply chain specialist, purchasing specialist, procurement manager, purchasing manager, or procurement specialist level, and be keen to progress in their career.
Role responsibilities of the Supply Chain Manager include:
- Responsible for the procurement and supply chain activities within the SC Department
- Management and guidance to all direct reports
- Preparation and analysis of requests for quotation and statements of work to suppliers to meet the requirements and demands of the business and projects including running supplier competitions where appropriate
- Production and coordination of purchase requisitions and the administration and management of purchase orders and sub-contracts to maximize profitability and ensure timely achievement of project objectives.
- Preparation and negotiation of sub-contracts, statements of work and order amendments
- Provide supply chain input to the cost estimating process for bids and proposals including the costing of BOMs
- Ensuring all supplier invoices are processed in a timely manner, ensuring all deliverables have been met and appropriate budget holder sign-off is obtained
- Liaison with and providing guidance to the project team to help define project procurement requirements and the sourcing of goods and services to meet expectations.
- Analysis of due diligence information and approval of suppliers prior to inclusion onto the Company Approved Suppliers List
- Conducting supplier progress reviews and audits to ensure on time delivery, quality and contracted obligations are being met
- Development and maintenance of critical supplier performance metrics and respond to internal and Corporate reporting requirements
- Manage the generation and administration of procurement processes and procedures within the business
Person Specification of the Supply Chain Manager:
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Prioritise own/team's workload and organise own/team's time to achieve objectives
- Proactive style and flexible attitude to scope of role
- Seek to identify opportunities for continuous improvement within own role
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Contribute as an effective team member
- Ability to work with and deal with individuals at all levels of business both internally and externally
- High standard of technical skills including MS Office particularly Excel
- Full CIPS qualification and a Degree
- 7+ years supply chain/procurement/logistics experience
- Ideally defence/maritime/aerospace knowledge
Up to £60k
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within supply chain, procurement, or purchasing, as a supply chain manager, supply chain specialist, procurement specialist, purchasing specialist, procurement manager, or purchasing manager.