City of London, London
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
Technical Commercial Manager
A fantastic opportunity for a technical commercial manager to join a national regulatory board based in London with a salary up to £60,000. The technical commercial manager will sit in the business development & engagement department, with excellent progression opportunities into a senior position over the next few years.
Candidates will have previous experience within commercial management specifically within a bids, proposals, or pre-sales environment and be keen to progress in their career.
Role responsibilities of the Technical Commercial Manager include:
- Research the market and actively seek opportunities for consultancy and data insights work. Undertake analysis of the competitive environment and consumer trends.
- Design sales strategies and implement sales plans to realise opportunities.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key suppliers, stakeholders, and customers for consultancy and data insights services, qualifying new sales leads.
- Act as the key point of contact for client enquiries and develop client proposals in conjunction with the Head of Business Development and Technical leads.
- Negotiate with customer representatives at the most senior level on both technical and contractual issues.
- Ensure all contracts and agreements are up to date and stored using the Dynamics 365 CRM database.
- Enable an efficient customer journey from agreement to delivery of access to resources.
- Ensure website content is regularly reviewed to promote and market the consultancy and data insights offers. Proactively liaise with internal colleagues, review website analytics, and actively contribute to website content.
- Ensure adherence to commercial governance for bidding, winning, and delivering consultancy and data insights work.
- Develop the pre-sales, scoping and scouting of consultancy and data insights opportunities. Ensure that reliable cost, effort and risk estimates and project plans are produced.
- Give guidance to technical and engagement teams to ensure that customers are assisted and advised properly.
- Ensure an efficient response to consultancy enquiries and any data insights opportunities. Support quality and improvements in the running of systems and processes to deliver KPIs and help with the continuous improvement of sales support activities.
- Perform all sales support activities, taking full responsibility for the technical content of bids and sales proposals.
- Provide oversight of demand on key competencies and ensure appropriate associate and partnership recruitment and contract management is in place.
- Undertake business-critical activities as and when required by the Head of Business Development.
Person Specification of the Technical Commercial Manager:
- Previous experience of working in a client facing role with senior level customers, in rail, preferably within rail operations and/or rail engineering
- An understanding of the design, build and operation of railway systems and/or enhancements, including the application of railway standards and safety requirements
- Knowledge of railway system safety assurance and safety management systems
- Experience of providing excellent levels of service to internal, and external, stakeholders and customers
- Experience of meeting targets in a commercial environment
- Experience of and a commitment to delivering against corporate strategic objectives resulting in revenue generation and growth
- Experience of client management to deliver growth and high-quality customer service
- Communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to build relationships at various levels and influence both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of working in a data driven domain, and understanding the value of data insights
- Understanding and experience of using CRM software
Up to £60k
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within commercial as a commercial manager, bid manager, or proposal manager.