Brighton, East Sussex
Up to £25000.00 per annum
A fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Buyer to join a leading Manufacturing company based in Brighton with a salary up to £25k. This role will report into the Supply Chain Team Leader.
Candidates must have 1-2 years' experience in an Assistant Buyer role.
Role responsibilities of the Assistant Buyer Include:
- Order placement and expediting of Purchase order in ERP system.
- Manage direct material inventory levels. Drive reduction in direct material inventory through forecasting
- Maintain/improve an efficient flow of material ensuring quality, delivery and cost targets are met.
- Maintain and improve master data accuracy in the ERP system including safety stock, Kanban bin sizes and lead-times.
- Support cross function projects including kaizen events.
- Day to Day management of shortages and communication with Production, manage materials shortage board.
Person Specification of the Assistant Buyer Include:
- Comprehensive understanding of MS Office packages
- Knowledge of working in a manufacturing environment
- Electronics and metalwork sourcing knowledge
- Low-cost region sourcing knowledge
- Working knowledge of ERP systems
- Vendor and contract management
- Knowledge of problem solving and continuous improvements
Salary Up to £25k
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a Junior Buyer role, have 1-2 years purchasing experience and have great communication and interpersonal skills.