£40000.00 - £48000.00 per annum + pension, flexible working
Assistant Commercial Manager
A fantastic opportunity for a Commercial Manager to join a global FTSE 250 engineering services firm based in Bristol with a salary up to £48,000. This contract management position has been created due to business growth & a recent influx of successful projects won for the firm. The commercial manager will sit in the programmes business team with a large amount of scope and ability to progress further in this large, matrixed organisation.
Candidates will have previous experience leading in commercial within an engineering environment at commercial manager, contract manager, assistant commercial manager, assistant contract manager senior commercial officer, or senior contract officer level.
Role responsibilities of the Assistant Commercial Manager include:
- Leading and inspiring people at all levels
- Working in a complex commercial environment, with experience of working within large, complex projects / programmes.
- A balance of public and commercial sector experience in a customer-facing role.
- Knowledge of ITAR and export regulations.
- Full project / programme life-cycle, with a particular emphasis on winning business.
Person Specification of the Head of Commercial:
Skills & Attributes
- Self-driven, well-organised and able to test, learn, adapt and transform.
- A strong negotiator and communicator.
- Understands risk and actively employs a risk-based approach.
- A great people manager who understands what it takes to manage, and to lead.
- Adept at solving difficult questions simply and swiftly.
- Build great relationships with the team, our people and our customers.
- Depth and breadth of understanding the key public and commercial contracting mechanisms.
- Able to demonstrate a grasp of the detail while mindful of the strategic.
Education and qualifications
- Ideally degree qualified (or equivalent) in Engineering, Business, Law or similar.
- If you have professional qualifications that make you stand out or bring something new to the role then tell us what they are and the benefit it will bring to your performance.
Up to £48k
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within commercial as a commercial manager, contracts manager, assistant commercial manager, assistant contracts manager, senior commercial officer, or senior contracts officer.