Up to £37000 per annum
12 months ago
Assistant Procurement Manager
Are you a Senior Buyer or Assistant Procurement Manager looking for the next step or challenge in your career? If so this opportunity would be great for you. I am working with a public sector organisation based in Worcester who are looking for an Assistant Procurement Manager who has great experience in undertaking tenders, deliver cost savings and great knowledge of Public Procurement Legislation into procurement activities. This role will report into the group Procurement Manager.
Main responsibilities of the Assistant Procurement Manager
- Undertake tenders for the provision of repairs and maintenance services
- Building and maintaining relationships with suppliers/stakeholders
- Ensuring maximum value for money whilst minimising risks
- Embedding knowledge of current guidelines including public procurement legislation intro procurement functions.
Skills & Experience required of the Assistant Procurement Manager
- Ideally you will have experience in running tenders with EU (OJEU) procurement functions
- Able to build and maintain relationships with suppliers & stakeholders
- Proven track record of savings
- Great knowledge of categories, contracts & supplier relationship management
This role would be perfect for a senior buyer, assistant procurement manager.