£32000 - £34000 per annum
almost 2 years ago
I have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced purchasing professional to join a growing and fast paced manufacturing company in Gloucestershire. The salary is circa £32,000 and the role will involve the management of a Purchasing team. This role would be excellent for someone who is looking for the next step in their career, who want a hands-on Purchasing role.
The role would suit a Senior Buyer, Category or Commodity Buyer, Purchasing Manager or a Buyer and are ideally looking for someone who has come from a Manufacturing/Engineering Industry background.
Role responsibilities of the Senior Buyer are:
- Benchmarking Supplier price performance against potential new suppliers in the market
- Building relationships with suppliers including negotiations on the issues of prices, contributions, quality, service and other support issues.
- Dealing with and resolving day-to-day queries/problems both internal and external relating to the vendor base and supply chain.
- New vendor sourcing, evaluation and selection
- Overseeing and managing purchasing budgets
- KPI Owner for the Department, driving performance through continuous improvement
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy
- Effectively manage product transfers and time bound NPI programmes
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
- Prepare bid awards requiring board approval
- Leading and managing a small team, including the recruitment of new team members and supporting personal and professional development
Person Specification of the Senior Buyer:
- Strong experience in Purchasing
- CIPS (working towards or fully qualified)
- Manufacturing and Engineering experience
- Microsoft Office and strong IT skills
32 - 35K
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within purchasing or procurement as a Senior Buyer, Buyer, Category or Commodity Buyer, Procurement Manager, Purchasing Manager.