£25000 - £30000 per annum + Company Benefits
about 1 year ago
A fantastic opportunity for a Buyer has arisen to join an up and coming Automotive Manufacturer in Oxfordshire, with a salary of £25,000 - £30,000. The lucky role holder will be joining a collaborative and busy team, in an Automotive Start-Up company! The company offers a fantastic working environment as well as the potential to progress within the role. The ideal candidate will have experience in Purchasing and Supplier Management in an Automotive Industry, or a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
Candidates will have previous experience within Purchasing and Procurement as a Junior Buyer or Buyer.
Role responsibilities of the Buyer:
- This role requires stakeholder engagement at many levels within the company and with external suppliers.
- The role will be responsible for organising a number of high value and complex products, with impact across several key functions of the business.
- The role requires a high level of interaction internally, as well as a continual flow of high level communication with the supply base.
- Assisting with the purchase and supply chain of global production for specified projects through negotiated costs with suppliers.
- Raising and issuing of purchase orders in accordance with our production requirements and company procedures.
- Maintain accurate and timely data records and manage filing systems.
- Assist with issuing purchasing enquiries and carry out quotation analysis where necessary.
Person Specification of the Buyer:
- Extremely organised approach with good business acumen, experience of stakeholder management and excellent analytical skills
- Experience in supplier / customer relationship management
- Understanding of cost drivers in a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively with teams
- Good IT skills including power point, excel and word
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude.
- Experience of using Microsoft Navigation
- Experience of working within a Tier 1 Automotive environment.
25 - 30k
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within Purchasing as a Buyer, Junior Buyer, Purchasing Officer, Procurement Officer, Category Buyer or Commodity Buyer