Up to £30k
about 1 year ago
Working in the Procurement team, the Buyer will be responsible for implementing the company purchasing strategy for site incorporating purchasing tools and supplier management techniques at a local level.
Key Responsibilities of the Buyer;
- Ensure that all supplies of goods and services are provided in the most cost-effective manner.
- Ensure the right quality specifications are met.
- Ensure the lead times are adhered to with escalations and mitigation actions for those suppliers who under perform.
- Ensure good communication and collaboration with the other departments involved in the “procure to pay” process and support group wide procurement activities.
- Implement strategy and select appropriate purchasing tools.
- Monitor supplier performance.
- Escalate key issues, implement mitigation plans for late deliveries.
- Support the supplier selection process, introduction of new suppliers and technologies by driving the use of the preferred supplier list (PSL).
- Review component specifications and ensure the appropriate supplier is selected based on “total cost of ownership”.
- Set up an effective supply chain that meets manufacturing location needs.
- Effective communication to site suppliers of policies relating to supplier performance, inventory and other sourcing initiatives that affect the supply chain.
- Visit suppliers as a representative of the company to conduct reviews or discuss and resolve issues.
Personal Specification of the Buyer;
- Proven Procurement experience – both operational and strategic.
- Experience within a Manufacturing environment.
- CIPS qualification or studying towards preferred but not essential.
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills
- Excellent IT skills including MS Office
- Good working knowledge of MRP systems.
- Enthusiastic and ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Able to multi-task and manage own time effectively.
- Able to work under pressure and to set deadlines.
- Demonstrate a flexible attitude towards all types of work.
This role would also suit you if you have held a role as a Buyer, Junior Buyer, Procurement Assistant or Purchasing Controller.