£23000 - £30000 per annum + Pekbox, Pension, Company Supplied Lunch
5 months ago
There is a fantastic opportunity for Buyer or a Senior Buyer to join a growing manufacturing company in Gloucestershire. Boasting modern offices, and a fantastic culture, my clients need someone to join the business to manage the day to day purchaisng with a continuous improvement focus!
The role would be perfect for someone who is currently Junior Buyer, Buyer, Assistant Buyer, Senior Buyer.
Responsibilities of the Buyer:
- Manage and continuously review the MRP system to ensure it is accurate, up to date
- Purchase materials in line with Inventory targets
- Communication of forecasts and purchase orders to suppliers
- Continually review the overall value offered by existing suppliers
- Assist with regular re-negotiations of terms of business/service agreements and performance evaluation with suppliers, taking corrective action as required.
- Check and authorise designated invoices for stock, packaging and carriage items.
- Management of KPI's
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
Person specification of the Buyer:
- Experience of procurement within an JIT Manufacturing environment
- Excellent understanding of efficient materials flow
- Experience in dealing with global suppliers
- Track record of negotiating
- High level of computer literacy, to include MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook.
Up to £30,000
Working Hours & Benefits:
- 8:00 - 5:00 Monday to Friday
- 21 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Company Provided Lunch
The role would be perfect for someone who is currently a Buyer, Junior Buyer, Senior Buyer, Assistant Buyer, Procurement Assistant, Purchasing Assistant, Buyer, Procurement Officer or Purchasing Officer.
Should you not hear anything from your application within 14 days, this will mean your application was unsuccessful, and unfortunately It will be impossible to update everyone at application stage due to the high volumes of applicants we get! Please don't get disheartened and please do keep checking our website for any other opportunities!