Up to £36000 per annum
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced buyer or senior buyer to join this public sector organisation based in Southampton who are looking for a buyer who has experience in tendering and understanding of the full cradle to grave procurement process. They are looking for someone who can build relationships with suppliers and stakeholders of multi levels and has a proven track record of savings.
Main responsibilities of the Buyer
- To work as a senior member of the procurement team participating in the development and implementation of customers' procurement strategies by ensuring it is communicated, understood and supported by budget managers and clinicians
- To be responsible for the commercial management of specific category areas and have lead procurement responsibility for relevant clinical and executive divisions
- To take lead responsibility for delivering high value and complex procurement projects within your category areas.
- Have a great understanding of OJEU & EU Regulations
- Proactively and positively contribute to the successful performance of the organisation
- Develop and support the procurement team culture of collaborative, flexible cross-team working and commitment to delivering quality services and outcomes, which maintain the Government's policies on public health.
Skills & Experience required of the Buyer
- Significant experience of negotiating contracts in a large organisation, achieving significant cost reductions and adding value activities
- Knowledge of EU & UK Public procurement legislation
- Strong understanding of procurement systems
- MCIPS qualified or studying towards
- Demonstrate experience in a procurement/buyer role
Salary up to 36,000