£25000 - £30000 per annum
about 2 years ago
A great opportunity for a dynamic procurement professional to join a leading organisation as a Buyer, to be responsible for managing the spend in respect of purchasing activities, manage operations to secure efficiency and compliance. Role is paying a competitive salary and based on the outskirts of Southampton.
Key Responsibilities of the Buyer;
- Source and purchase from suppliers working to a cost effective and business sense manner.
- Work closely with suppliers to monitor and advise on any potential issues.
- Validate and prepare purchase orders on a daily basis
- Maintain work orders, good and services and supplier lists
- Supporting Purchasing with tender prep, reports and continuous improvement
- Managing all store requirements, and any customer enquiries
Personal Specification of the Buyer;
- Proven Purchasing experience.
- Experience within a Manufacturing / Engineering / Construction environment.
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills.
- Excellent IT skills including MS Office.
- Driven and flexible attitude.
- Enthusiastic and ability to work effectively as part of a team.
This role would also suit you if you have held a role as a Buyer, Senior Buyer, Purchasing Controller, Purchasing Administrator, Junior Buyer, Procurement Assistant or Commercial Coordinator.