Coventry, West Midlands
£30000 - £35000.00 per annum
about 2 years ago
This role presents a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Buyer to join one of the markets leading manufacturing companies in Coventry in a fast-paced purchasing environment with a salary up to £35,000. This position will be at the heart of the purchasing department and offers excellent progression opportunities to the right candidate.
The buyer should be confident in their role with previous buying experience within a busy purchasing department. The successful candidate will have experience within a Manufacturing/Engineering environment.
Main responsibilities of the Buyer include:
- Ensuring purchasing schedules are accurately managed and where applicable associated KPI's are met
- Maintain proactive liaison with internal third parties to forecast, plan to meet and to supply demand to relevant quality standards
- Purchasing management and stock control of high-volume components and IT peripherals
- Involved in project buying to support new product introductions and the ability to deliver cost reductions.
- Build relationships with suppliers and manage their performance.
- Conduct routine supplier business reviews, evaluating supplier performance and compliance.
- Responsible to do any additional work that may be asked for within your capability
Essential Skills of the Buyer include:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of ERP systems including production plans and schedules
- Experience in procurement of electronic components and sub-assemblies from concept to production
- Experience of sourcing from international suppliers would be advantageous
- An assertive yet diplomatic approach to fulfillment of tasks
- A talent for building effective professional relationships
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Energy, enthusiasm and a passion for driving and implementing best practice
- The ability to influence people at all levels
Responsible to the Purchasing Manager
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within purchasing or procurement as a buyer, sourcing specialist, commodity manager, category manager, senior buyer.