£25000 - £30000 per annum
Working in the Procurement team, the Buyer will be responsible for supporting the Procurement & Supply Chain team spend on a group wide basis.
Key Responsibilities of the Buyer;
- Lead and assist as required procurement activities as designated.
- Manage analytical tools, perform analysis and engagement in support of specific projects.
- Analyse future requirements and ensure strategies are delivered on time and in full.
- Delivery of optimum availability of items, goods and services.
- Assist in the delivery of Sourcing strategies for all procurement activity.
- Create strong operational relationships across the business.
- Ensure that effective processes and measures are implemented to ensure timely purchasing to meet stakeholder requirements.
- Ensure that all purchasing activity is compliant.
- Ensure that all quotations are analysed in accordance with key requirements and lead price variation discussions with suppliers as appropriate.
- Preparation of weekly and monthly reports in support of line management briefings.
Personal Specification of the Buyer;
- Proven Purchasing experience.
- Degre and / or CIPS qualifications would be preferred.
- Experience within a manufacturing / production environment.
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills
- Good working knowledge of MRP/ERP systems.
- Enthusiastic and ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Able to multi-task and manage own time effectively.
- Able to work under pressure and to set deadlines.
This role would also suit you if you have held a role as a Buyer, Junior Buyer, Procurement Assistant or Purchasing Controller.