Up to £35000 per annum
A fantastic opportunity for a Senior Buyer to join a Leading Manufacturing company based in Newbury with a salary up to £35k. This role will report into the Purchasing Team leader.
Candidates must have experience in a purchasing role working within a Manufacturing environment.
Role responsibilities of the Buyer Include:
- Ensure all actions on the MRP system are managed and maintained in a timely fashion
- To help with preparing customer quotes as required
- Daily expediting of purchase orders with suppliers to ensure on time delivery
- Obtaining quotes from preferred suppliers
- Processing supplier NCR's & concessions
- Build good working relationships with suppliers and internal customers.
- To work to agreed deadlines
- Ensure accurate maintenance of system data
- Escalation of potential supply issues to the Procurement Team Leader
- To assist with the preparation of BOM's from customer format into workable data
- To work closely with all other departments to achieve an environment of continuous improvement and to promote this mind set.
- To understand the company KPI's and drive activities to achieve and exceed these.
- To be fully aware of the current standards and accreditation's relevant to the organisation and the group.
- Present and promote the Company to prospective customers and suppliers, representing the Company in a professional manner at all times
- Ensure that at all times clear and concise communication is maintained both internally and externally, both written and verbal
Person Specification of the Buyer Include:
- Minimum 2-3 years purchasing experience working in a Manufacturing environment, specifically Electronics, Automotive or Aerospace
- CIPS would be an advantage but not essential
- Excellent MRP system knowledge is essential
- Proactive and driven individual, to fit in a dynamic team
Up to £35k
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a Senior Buying role within Manufacturing, Electronics, Automotive or Aerospace dealing with components.