Horsham, West Sussex
£30000 - £35000 per annum
over 1 year ago
An excellent opportunity for a Buyer to join an fast paced, growing Manufacturing business. The role will be based in Horsham and will be responsible for buying of a range of complex materials and services.
Key Responsibilities of Buyer:
- Working closely with engineering staff to procure components and related parts.
- Buying of anything from metals, machined parts to chemicals.
- Communicate complex technical specifications by engineering teams into RFI and RFQ packs.
- Negotiate terms and conditions with vendors with objective to beat target price.
- Prepare and publish BoM and maintain.
- Supply relationships internally and externally to improve cost, quality and supply.
- Working to very strict and tight deadlines.
- Track supplier PPAPs to ensure on time delivery.
- Resolve Quality and delivery issues for components.
- Experience of reading and interpreting technical drawings
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering
- Understanding of procurement regulations.
- Experience within Automotive or similar manufacturing environment
- High level of Excel.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- British Passport required due to security clearance.
This role would suit a candidate with experience in the following roles; Buyer, Junior Buyer, Technical Buyer, Purchasing, Commodity Buyer, Project Buyer.