Up to £24000 per annum
almost 2 years ago
A fantastic opportunity for a Buyer and Material Planner to join a market leading engineering company based in Redditch, with a salary of £24,000. This role would be perfect for a someone who has worked in a purchasing environment who wants more of a stand-alone role. The Buyer would be responsible for the purchasing of materials and the material control of the company.
Candidates will have previous experience within purchasing or procurement and ideally would have been a Junior Buyer, Purchasing Administrator or a Procurement and Supply Chain Graduate or a Material Planner or Inventory Controller.
Role responsibilities of the Buyer include:
- Reviewing purchase requests for materials.
- Manage material and stock delivery schedules.
- Negotiate and develop strong relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Plan and Expedite materials and maintain inventory levels.
- Finding solutions with supply issues.
- MRP system management.
- Holding overall purchasing responsibility.
- Ensuring inventory levels are within set targets.
Person Specification of the Buyer:
- Previous experience in a purchasing or procurement.
- IT literate
- MRP System knowledge
- Work within strict deadlines to complete allocated tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure
- Negotiation experience
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within Purchasing or Procurement as a Buyer, Junior Buyer, Procurement and Supply Chain Administration, Procurement Graduate, Material controller, Inventory Planner.