Up to £30k
almost 2 years ago
A fantastic opportunity for a Buyer to join a leading manufacturing company based near Brighton, with an excellent salary in the region of £30,000. The Procurement position has been created due to recent business growth and acquisitions. The Buyer will sit in a small Purchasing Department, reporting into the Purchasing Manager.
Candidates will have previous experience of Purchasing and working closely with supplies as the business is entering exciting news times.
Role responsibilities for the Buyer include:
- Acting as main point of contact for all suppliers, bringing in new products and maintaining supplier performance.
- Working on forecasts, future orders and general supplier queries.
- Reducing supplier lead times to improve business process.
- Managing supplier stock and avoiding production shortages.
- Implement cost reduction projects, and drive continuous improvement
Person specification of the Buyer:
- In-depth knowledge working with suppliers.
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced Manufacturing environment.
- Excellent MRP System experience
- Electronic and/or Mechanical competency.
- Ability to work quickly, accurate and independently.
This role would suit you if you have held a role within Procurement or Purchasing as a Senior Buyer, Purchasing Officer, Supply Chain Controller, Procurement Lead or Buyer.