£25000 - £30000 per annum
over 2 years ago
A fantastic opportunity for a Category Buyer to join a lead engineering company based in Brighton, with an excellent salary up to £30,000. The Procurement position has been created due to recent growth with the team. The role will be working alongside the Procurement and Supply Chain, reporting into the Purchasing Manager.
Key Responsibilities for the Category Buyer:
- Management of key categories, including but not limited to, Shipping, MRO & Consumables
- Working with leading stakeholders within the business, understanding needs and supplier capability.
- Work towards agreed category plans and strategies.
- Provide expertise in categories and take responsibility for suppliers, and identify any upcoming issues.
- Implement plans to improve operational supplier performance.
Person Specification for the Category Buyer:
- In depth knowledge of Buying within a similar environment and/or category
- Excellent MRP System experience, KanBan experience.
- Knowledge regarding supply marks and specific categories.
- Strong communicator (excellent negotiating skills) and stakeholder engagement experience.
This role would if you have held a role within Purchasing or Procurement as a Buyer, Senior Buyer, Category Buyer, Purchasing Officer, Procurement Lead.