City of London, London
Up to £56100.00 per annum
7 months ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Category Manager to this fantastic public sector organisation based in London. The successful candidate will be responsible for helping this organisation achieve its desired outcomes for residents, businesses and communities through the provision of excellent commercial advice. To work in partnership with the relevant Department, acting as a key strategic adviser on complex procurement matters, managing procurement projects of high value, complexity and or risk. To provide expert technical information, advice and guidance on all aspects of the procurement process to internal and external customers effectively.
Main responsibilities of the Category Manager
- To provide excellent strategic procurement advice to the relevant department.
- To provide quality advice and guidance to internal customers on all aspects of the procurement process, supported by expert technical knowledge including relevant legislation and best practice.
- To apply the tools and techniques of strategic sourcing to achieve business outcomes through sound market analysis, commercial acumen and strategy formulation, resulting in improved quality of services and/or financial savings - and, in all cases, value for money.
- To manage the end-to-end procurement process for high value, complex and/or high risk projects.
- To lead complex projects, managing multi-disciplined teams to achieve a common outcome and to provide guidance and supervision to Procurement Officers assigned to support projects.
- To ensure that the procurement processes meet key legislative and policy requirements such as OJEU compliance.
Skills & Experience required of the Category Manager
- Degree or equivalent CIPS qualification
- Significant experience of working in a large, complex organisation
- Experience of managing end-to-end procurement processes, ideally in a public sector setting.
- Experience of managing high value, complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- Experience of leading contractual negotiations, including complex and/or politically sensitive arrangements
- Demonstrate experience at delivering savings to an organisation through effective category management
- Must have in depth OJEU legislation expertise
- Ability to analyse contracts and manage contracts at all levels
Salary between - £52,866 - £56,100 depending on experience
This role would be perfect for a category manager or category officer or procurement manager or sourcing manager or purchasing manager or senior buyer