Up to £56100.00 per annum
Category Manager - Construction
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Category Manager specialising in Construction to join this fantastic public sector organisation based in Oxford. You will be responsible for supporting the organisation and working in partnership with multiple departments. You will lead procurement projects of both high value and high complexity. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Procurement and will be responsible for the delivery of key procurement and contract management activities in relation to Infrastructure & Construction. You will have in depth knowledge of JCT & NEC types of contracts.
Main responsibilities of the Category Manager - Construction
- To provide excellent strategic procurement advice to the relevant departments whilst acting in business partnership as a member of the extended leadership team
- To provide quality advice and guidance to internal customers on all aspects of procurement processes
- To lead complex projects, managing multi - disciplined teams to achieve common outcome to provide guidance and supervision to the procurement officers assigned to support projects
- Ensuring that all policies are strictly followed throughout the procurement process and that all procurement is carried out in an ethical and EU compliant manner
- To drive the delivery of procurement for Infrastructure & Construction spend across the organisation
- To build and promote relationships, relating to Infrastructure & Construction, their suppliers which represent value for money.
Skills & Experience required of the Category Manager - Construction
- Degree or equivalent CIPS qualification
- Stakeholder engagement experience
- Demonstrate experience at delivering savings to an organisation through effective category management
- Must have in depth OJEU legislation expertise
- Experience leading the full cradle to grave procurement process
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously.
- Ability to analyse contracts and manage contracts at all levels
- Experience within Infrastructure & Construction as a category
- In depth knowledge of JCT/NEC types of contracts
Salary up to £56,000
This role would be perfect for a category manager or senior category manager or procurement manager or sourcing manager or purchasing manager or senior buyer all with experience within Infrastructure & Construction as a category.
If you do not receive a response to your application within 2 weeks, please note that your application has been unsuccessful.