£40000 - £45000 per annum
10 months ago
An excellent opportunity for a Category Manager to join a Global Charity based in Woking with a competitive salary of up to £45k (dependent on experience). This Procurement position has been created due to growth within the team, and is focusing of cost strengthening of savings of 1 million in the first year, with the aim of saving 20 million in the 5th year.
Candidates will have previous experience of working in a Procurement or Purchasing Department within category management.
Role Responsibilities for the Category Manager:
- Manage and actively deliver activities for each Global Category
- Management of at least two Procurement Officers
- Categories including, but not limited to; Property, FM, HR, IT, Fleet & Consultancy
- Understanding the business needs and drivers as relevant to the categories.
- Lead on the development of tenders and long-term agreements
Person Specification for Senior Category Manager
- Be able to demonstrate strategic sourcing and category management
- Experience in establishing and developing strategic, long term supplier relationships
- Level 4 CIPS or above
- Line Management experience
- Cost saving experience - Millions
- Strong Negotiation skills
Up to £45k
This role would be suited to a Senior Buyer, Purchasing Manager, Procurement Officer, Category Manager, Contracts Manager, Commercial Manager.