Up to £51899.00 per annum
almost 2 years ago
Category Manager (Scientific)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Category Manager to join this public sector organisation based in London. They will lead and manage the category requirements to identify and deliver best value solutions for stakeholders as well as to actively support the value for money agenda. This person will focus on Scientific Equipment as a category.
Main responsibilities of the Category Manager (Scientific)
- To provide professional procurement advice and ensure compliance to the relevant regulatory and statutory obligations.
- To attend and proactively participate at project boards as required, advising and assisting with making key decisions.
- To proactively identify, evaluate and drive opportunities of procurement options to provide value for money
- To ensure that compliance and best value is achieved for all Tenders carried out.
- To quantify and deliver procurement savings in accordance with agreed objectives.
- To ensure that financial regulations are adhered to throughout all procurement exercises.
- Contribute to the management and development of procurement policy.
- To support a collaborative, supportive and approachable ethos for work with colleagues across the University, with a pragmatic and innovative approach to problem solving
Skills & Experience required of the Category Manager (Scientific Equipment)
- Degree or equivalent CIPS qualification
- Stakeholder engagement experience
- Demonstrate experience at delivering savings to an organisation through effective category management
- Must have in depth OJEU legislation expertise
- Experience leading the full cradle to grave procurement process
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously;
- Ability to analyse contracts and manage contracts at all levels
Salary up to £51,899
This role would be perfect for a category manager or senior category manager or procurement manager