Up to £35000 per annum
almost 2 years ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Buyer to join this public sector organisation based in Poole who are looking for a procurement professional who has experience in category purchasing, contracts management and supplier relationship management with key stakeholders and external suppliers. The purpose of the Senior Buyer is to take responsibility for all 3rd party spend within the given category product. You will report to the Senior Category Manager and undertake specialist market sourcing, complex commercial contracting and supplier management for a range of products and services.
Main responsibilities of the Senior Buyer
Support Senior Category Managers with undertaking specialist market sourcing, commercial contract and supplier management for a range of products and services
- Create and deliver category and sourcing strategies across clinical products and services
- Take responsibility for all 3rd party spend for the clinical category
- Builds and maintains effective stakeholder relationships using a business partnering approach leading and influencing the adoption of procurement and category strategy through the trust
Skills & Experience required of the Senior Buyer
- Demonstrate previous experience in a procurement or category role with at least 3 years' experience
- Previous experience within a clinical based role
- Knowledge of EU & UK Public procurement legislation
- Experience in negotiating and closing complex contract deals delivering measurable savings
Salary up to £35,000
This role would be perfect for a buyer or senior buyer or sourcing specialist or procurement specialist or procurement officer or category manager or category buyer.