Up to £37890.00 per annum
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Procurement Officer to join this public sector organisation based in Oxford. This position is to support both councils and the wider public sector system to help deliver effective and consistent services and ensure that products and services purchased represent an outstanding value for money.
You will report to an assigned Category Manager who will undertake the deliver of key procurement and contract management activities within your designated category.
Main responsibilities of the Procurement Officer
- To act as a professional adviser on procurement and contract management
- Build effective working relationships, relating to a spend category across both councils
- Be responsible for providing services at value for money
- To support the category managers in ensuring that both councils are compliant
Skills & Experience required of the Procurement Officer
- CIPS Qualification or actively working towards
- Procurement and contract management work experience in public sector
- Working knowledge of EU tendering and contract regulations.
- Good knowledge of category management and procurement processes
Salary up to £38,000 depending on experience.
This role would be perfect for a buyer or senior buyer or procurement officer or purchaser or category officer or procurement specialist or category specialist.