Up to £33000.00 per annum
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Procurement Officer to join this public sector organisation based in Kent. This position will be a permanent opportunity and you will report directly to the Estates & FM Category Manager to provide support in the development and involvement of setting up new methods of service delivery to always make sure that they achieve the best value in procurement.
Main responsibilities of the Procurement Officer
- Prepare tender documentation and process, evaluate, and analyse tender responses in accordance with audit regulations, Procurement Standing Orders and EU Directives.
- Assist and work with the Category Manager in the development of category strategies and sub-categories that ensure that corporate objectives and the Service's operational needs are met.
- To provide procurement awareness training to the Service as required on any new or existing procurement processes and category management approaches.
- To maintain the integrity of the data within the contract register and procurement pipeline.
- Be responsible for the FM & Construction category
Skills & Experience required of the Procurement Officer
- CIPS Qualification or actively working towards
- Good level of analytical skills
- Good level of written and verbal communication skills for writing reports and liaising with staff, managers and outside agencies and suppliers.
- Ability to build relationships with stakeholder and suppliers at multi levels
- Working knowledge of EU tendering and contract regulations.
- Experience within FM/ Construction/Estates would be an advantage
Salary up to £34,000 depending on experience.
This role would be perfect for a buyer or senior buyer or procurement officer or purchaser or category officer or procurement specialist or category specialist.