£30000 - £40000 per annum
over 1 year ago
Excellent opportunity for a Category Specialist working with a leading services company based in Watford, with an excellent salary up to £40k. This role is due to recent growth and will sit within the Procurement team, focusing on Purchasing, Supply Chain and Tender process.
As a Category Specialist, you will be involved in all aspects managing a category, from tender process to end to end supply chain.
Responsibilities of the Category Specialist;
- Delivering sourcing principles across all categories, including clinical and non clinical.
- Working closely with key stakeholders to understand specific requirements.
- Drive delivery of all category targets.
- Maintain knowledge of supplier markets, sub categories and capabilities.
- Working with key suppliers to improve quality, performance and drive down cost.
- Lead negotiation of commercial contracts with suppliers
- Manage supplier relationships, ensuring business needs are met through contract lifecycle.
- Expert for the specific category with understanding of market, industry and best practice.
Key Requirements for the Category Specialist;
- Experience in managing sole category, ideally Medical, HR, Professional Services, Marketing or similar.
- Experience in Clinical and/or non-clinical sourcing
- Educated to a degree level within Supply Chain, Business or similar field.
- Member of CIPS
This role would suit someone with previous experience as; Buyer, Senior Buyer, Category Manager, Category Specialist, Procurement Assistant.